- Type Of Visa
- Non-Immigrant Visa "O-A" (long stay/retirement stay visa) in English
- Consular Services
Non-Immigrant O-A (Long Stay) Visa
- Please apply for an e-Visa online, through the new e-Visa system (https://www.thaievisa.go.th/)
- In-person application is no longer possible.
- The Embassy no longer accepts registration for visa application by post.
- For more information on e-Visa application, CLICK HERE
1. ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS FOR O-A (LONG STAY) VISA
- Applicant must be 50 years old or over (on the day of submitting the application).
- Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence.
- Having the nationality of or residence in the country where applicant’s application is submitted.
- Not having prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535
- Having adequate health insurance for the entire period of stay in Thailand, covering treatment of general illnesses, including treatment of COVID-19, with a sum insured of not less than 100,000 USD or 3,000,000 THB (new requirement as of 1 October 2021)
2. O-A (LONG STAY) VISA CONDITIONS
2.1 Holder of O-A (Long Stay) Visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for one year.
2.2 Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
2.3 Spouses of holders of O-A (Long Stay) Visa will be considered for temporary stay under Category ‘O’ Visa if they do not qualify to apply for the O-A (Long Stay) Visa themselves. A duly notarised marriage certificate must be provided as evidence.
2.4 If the O-A (Long Stay) Visa holder breaches the entry conditions (for example, if he/she engages in work-related activities), the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.
3. O-A (LONG STAY) VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- When applying, please exercise extra caution in choosing the right TYPE OF PASSPORT. If you are not a government officer, DO NOT choose "Official/Service Passport"; instead, choose "Ordinary Passport".
- Once submitted, the visa application cannot be amended.
- If there are mistakes in the application, e.g. wrong spelling of names or wrong passport numbers, the application will be rejected.
- Applicants will be required to apply and pay again. No refund is possible.
- Applicants must ensure that all their details are correct before submitting and paying for their applications.
- *Additional service fees for online payment may be charged by your debit/credit card providers* Please contact your card providers for more information. The Royal Thai Embassy assumes no liability for additional fees incurred by the applicants for their online payment.
- Visit https://thaievisa.go.th/
- Create an account
- Verification link will be sent via email.
- Your account can be used to apply for an e-Visa for yourself and also other people in your family (up to 10 applications at a time).
- Your account can also be used for future visa applications.
- Apply for a new visa
- Check your eligibility & choose visa category
- Upload biodata page of passport & a photo taken within the last 6 months (must be in JPG or .JPEG format, Size not exceeding 3 MB)
- Enter personal information, travel document details, address and employment information.
- Enter travel information
- Upload supporting documents
- Signed declaration form (download HERE)
- Medical certificate, issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and must be duly notarised). DOWNLOAD medical certificate template CLICK HERE.
- Certificate of criminal record clearance from the country of nationality or the country where the application is submitted (verification shall be valid for not more than three months and must be duly notarised)
- Bank Statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 THB or an original payslip with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totally not less than 800,000 THB. In case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required.
- Proof of the permanent residence in the country where the application is submitted
- Health insurance policy document issued by a Thai or foreign insurance company stating that the applicant is medically insured for general illnesses, including COVID-19, with the insured sum of not less than 100,000 USD or 3,000,000 THB / A list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found here: https://longstay.tgia.org
- Foreign Insurance Certificate as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, which must be completed, signed and stamped by the insurance company. The form can be downloaded from https://longstay.tgia.org/document/foreign_insurance_certificate.pdf
- Applicant is required to upload his/her passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months (1 year) since the last international trip.
- Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.
- Please upload your picture holding the photo and information page of the passport.
- Pay application fee online: 175 Euro (multiple entry, non-refundable)
- Check status
- You can monitor status of your application by logging into your account.
- You may also withdraw your application.
- Once approved, e-Visa will be sent to you via email. You may also download your e-Visa through your online account.
CLICK HERE for E-Visa USER MANUAL
4. O-A (LONG STAY) VISA PROCESSING TIME
- Usually 3-10 working days, depending on the completeness of documents, type of visa, and nationality of the applicants.
- Please apply for e-Visa at least a month (but no longer than 3 months) before travelling.
- Applications by certain nationals can take up to 3 months for approval.
- The Royal Thai Embassy cannot accommodate urgent requests. The applicants must ensure that they leave sufficient time for their visa application process before their planned departure.
- Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
- Visa processing fee is subject to change without prior notice.
- The applicants must provide genuine documents and information. If the applicants provide fraudulent documents or false information, their applications will be rejected and they may be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.
6. OTHER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:Pre-Travel Registration through Thailand Pass system
All travellers must register through Thailand Pass system at least 7 days before travelling. For more information, visit www.thaiembassy.at/en/coe.
7. Recommendations for holders of O-A (Long Stay) Visa
- Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry.
- At the end of the 90-day stay, the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his or her residence area and report again every 90 days during his or her stay in Thailand. The foreigner may report to the police station if there is no immigration office in his or her residence area.
- Foreigner may report to the competent authority by post and should provide the following:
1) A report form (Tor Mor 47)
2) A copy of passport pages showing the foreigner’s photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp
3) A copy of the previous receipt of acknowledgement
4) A self-addressed envelope with postage affixed
- Such documents must be sent to the Office of the Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120, and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period. A receipt of acknowledgement will be given and should be used for future correspondence.
- Foreigner who wishes to extend his or her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account in Thailand or an income certificate showing an amount of not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate plus a deposit account showing a total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht. A one-year extension of stay shall be granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he or she meets the above requirements.