- Type Of Visa
- Non-Immigrant Visa "O-A" (long stay/retirement stay visa) in English
- Consular Services
Non-Immigrant O-A (Long Stay) Visa
1. ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS FOR O-A (LONG STAY) VISA
- Applicant must be 50 years old or over (on the day of submitting the application).
- Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence.
- Having the nationality of or residence in the country where applicant’s application is submitted.
- Not having prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535
- Having adequate health insurance for the entire period of stay in Thailand with the following coverage:
- Outpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 40,000 THB or 1,300 EUR, and
- Inpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 400,000 THB or 13,000 EUR.
2. O-A (LONG STAY) VISA CONDITIONS
2.1 Holder of O-A (Long Stay) Visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for one year.
2.2 Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
2.3 Spouses of holders of O-A (Long Stay) Visa will be considered for temporary stay under Category ‘O’ Visa if they do not qualify to apply for the O-A (Long Stay) Visa themselves. A duly notarised marriage certificate must be provided as evidence.
2.4 If the O-A (Long Stay) Visa holder breaches the entry conditions (for example, if he/she engages in work-related activities), the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.
3. O-A (LONG STAY) VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURES
3.1 Prepare required documents as follows:
- Passport with at least two empty pages and validity of not less than 18 months from the date of planned entry to Thailand
- Two completed application forms - to download CLICK HERE (both forms must be filled separately; please do not make a copy)
- Two passport-sized photographs (4x6 cm) taken within the past six months
- Two copies of registration of residency of Austria, Slovakia or Slovenia if you are not a citizen of Austria, Slovakia or Slovenia
- Two copies of resumes
- Two copies of Bank Statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 THB or an original payslip with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totally not less than 800,000 THB. In case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required.
- Criminal record + a copy (verification shall be valid for not more than three months and must be duly notarised).
- Medical certificate + a copy, issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and must be duly notarised). DOWNLOAD medical certificate template CLICK HERE.
- Health insurance policy document issued by a Thai or foreign insurance company stating that the applicant is medically insured with outpatient benefit of at least 1,300 EUR and inpatient benefit of at least 13,000 EUR:
- In case of a foreign insurance company: the original insurance policy document + 2 copies;
- In case of a Thai insurance company: 2 copies of the insurance policy document or, if available, the original insurance policy document + 2 copies.
- A list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found here: https://longstay.tgia.org
- Foreign Insurance Certificate as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, which must be completed, signed and stamped by the insurance company. The form can be downloaded from https://longstay.tgia.org/document/overseas_insurance_certificate.pdf
NOTE: Health insurance policy document submitted for O-A (Long Stay) Visa application may also be used for COE application (see below) *only if* the insurance expressly covers COVID-19 with minimum coverage of 100,000 USD. If the insurance used for "O-A" Visa application does not expressly cover COVID-19 with the required minimum coverage, the applicants must purchase an additional health insurance for their COE application.
- Visa processing fee: 175 Euro (in cash only / non-refundable)
- Envelop addressed to applicant's own address & postal fee (10 Euro for EMS delivery) for return of passport
3.2 Make an appointment to submit the above required documents in person with the Royal Thai Embassy in Vienna.
- To book an appointment with the Royal Thai Embassy in Vienna, CLICK HERE.
- Please note that it is not possible to apply for the visa via post. All postal applications will be rejected.
- All O-A (Long Stay) Visa applicants are required to submit their application in person with the Royal Thai Embassy in Vienna. Honorary Consulates will not accept application for O-A (Long Stay) Visa.
4. O-A (LONG STAY) VISA PROCESSING TIME
- Visa processing time is usually 3 days / passport will be sent back by post.
- Certain applications which require special consideration may take longer to process.
- Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
- Visa processing fee is subject to change without prior notice.
- The applicants must provide genuine documents and information. If the applicants provide fraudulent documents or false information, their applications will be rejected and they may be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.
6. OTHER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: CERTIFICATE OF ENTRY & OTHER DOCUMENTS
- Upon receiving O-A (Long Stay) Visa, the travellers must apply for the Certificate of Entry (COE). Without the COE, travellers will be refused entry to Thailand even if they hold valid visas. For more information on Thailand's entry regulations, please visit www.thaiembassy.at/en/coe.
- O-A (Long Stay) Visa holders must prepare the following required documents to apply for COE online (APPLY HERE: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/)
- For pre-approval stage (Registration):
- Copy of passport
- Copy of valid O-A (Long Stay) Visa
- For final approval stage (Confirmation):
- Flight confirmation
- Confirmation of Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) or Alternative Local Quanrantine (ALQ) hotel booking for a minimum of 15 nights, starting from the date of the arrival in Thailand. Please reserve the room directly with the hotel, requesting for ASQ/ALQ package. Booking may also be made via http://www.agoda.com/quarantineth / https://asq.locanation.com / https://asq.ascendtravel.com (reservation must be made for 15 nights). Booking made via other online agents without "ASQ/ALQ package" will be rejected. For a list of approved ASQ/ALQ hotels, CLICK HERE.
- Health insurance (or "confirmation letter" issued by the insurance company) in English which EXPRESSLY covers medical treatment expenditures of COVID-19, with minimum coverage of 100,000 USD during the entire stay in Thailand. Travellers are advised to purchase their health insurance which meets Thailand's entry criteria here: http://covid19.tgia.org/ Those with existing health insurance are advised to ask their insurers for "cover letter" confirming that the insurance covers COVID-19 with minimum coverage of 100,000 USD.
- For pre-approval stage (Registration):
- At check-in and upon arrival in Thailand, all travellers are required to present the following documents:
- Valid visa / re-entry permit
- Fit to Fly Health Certificate issued no more than 72 hours before departure time
- Medical Certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR method, which has been certified or issued no more than 72 hours before departure time
- Health insurance which meets the entry requirement & ASQ/ALQ hotel confirmation
- All travellers who have received COEs are required to download, and register via, ThailandPlus Application. They are required to show a QR code generated from the registration via the Application to be scanned by Thai authority upon arrival in Thailand. To download, CLICK HERE
7. Recommendations for holders of O-A (Long Stay) Visa
- Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry. During the one-year period, if he or she wishes to leave and re-enter the country, he or she is required to apply at the Immigration office for re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure. In the case of leaving the country without a re-entry permit, the permit to stay for 1 year shall be considered void.
- At the end of the 90-day stay, the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his or her residence area and report again every 90 days during his or her stay in Thailand. The foreigner may report to the police station if there is no immigration office in his or her residence area.
- Foreigner may report to the competent authority by post and should provide the following:
1) A report form (Tor Mor 47)
2) A copy of passport pages showing the foreigner’s photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp
3) A copy of the previous receipt of acknowledgement
4) A self-addressed envelope with postage affixed
- Such documents must be sent to the Office of the Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120, and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period. A receipt of acknowledgement will be given and should be used for future correspondence.
- Foreigner who wishes to extend his or her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account in Thailand or an income certificate showing an amount of not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate plus a deposit account showing a total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht. A one-year extension of stay shall be granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he or she meets the above requirements.