This type of visa is issued to persons who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes:
- to travel in immediate and continuous transit through the Kingdom en route to another country or
- to travel back to his/her own country over Thailand (category "TS")
- to participate in sports activities (sportsmen, sportswomen, etc.) (category "S")
- the person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in the Kingdom (category "C")
- transit flight longer than 12 hours
- Passport with two empty pages and validity of at least six months from date of entry
- Filled-out visa application form with a recent biometric photograph (4x6cm)
- A copy of registration of residency of Austria, Slovakia or Slovenia if you are not a citizen of Austria, Slovakia or Slovenia
- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
- Proof of your onward travel arrangements and permission to enter another country after departing Thailand
- (If applicable) Letter of invitation stating the application's participation in sports activities in the Kingdom
Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary
- € 30 per entry, maximum three entries
VALIDITY OF A VISA
- Three months.
PERIOD OF STAY
- Not exceeding 30 days for each entry
EXTENSION OF STAY
- Those who wish to stay longer must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on
1) Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Tel 02 287-3101-10
2) Chalermprakiat Government Complex (Building B - South), Chaengwattana Road, Soi 7, Moo 3, Laksi , Bangkok 12010, Tel. (66-2) 141-9889 / Fax. (66-2) 143-8228 / Call Center : 1178 /
Office hours : 08.30-16.30 hrs. (Monday – Friday). More information is available at www.immigration.go.th
- The extension of stay is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer and is usually allowed for no more than 7 days.
- Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy.
- Therefore, travelers are advised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.
- Information on location and contact number of all Thai Embassies and Consulates-General is available at http://www.mfa.go.th